Showing all 2 results
Sale!$20.00 – $24.00
Sea to Summit Lightweight Dry Sack
Nordic skaters who carry backpacks should always use a dry sack to keep clothing and other gear dry in the event of a swim. The Sea to Summit Lightweight Dry Sack is a Nordic skating essential: it is rugged enough for winter use, simple and reliable, and awesomely lightweight. The 70D nylon fabric is soft and rolls easily, and the bright white waterproof PU coating is located on the inside of the bag, protecting it and increasing visibility in low winter light. The Hypalon roll-top closure is easy to use and features a D-ring attachment point at the buckle. All seams are fully taped.
We recommend selecting a dry sack that matches your backpack size, and that is big enough to fit all of your critical safety gear. If in doubt, the 20L size is a good fit for most skaters.
Grivel Helix ice screw
One Grivel Helix 12cm (4.7in) ice screw. Ice screws can be used to quickly test ice thickness, and to anchor a rope while performing a rescue.
Why we love the Grivel Helix for Nordic skating:
- The 12cm (4.7in) size is perfect for gauging safe ice depth
- The shaft is threaded nearly to the top, maximizing hold in thin ice
- Extremely quick-biting teeth and large handle make placements faster and easier
- Sleek, simple design and a weight of only 133 grams (4.7oz)
- Steel screws like the Grivel Helix are less likely to bind in wet ice than aluminum screws
- Excellent value for a top-quality product
Made in Italy